38 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Venue
One of the most important decisions you’ll have to make during your wedding planning is about your venue. There are tons of choices! How do you pick the right one for you? Oaks Manor has put together this list of questions for you to ask of each venue. Hopefully, this will make your decision a little easier!
- Do you have open dates in the month we are considering?
- How many guests can you accommodate at this venue?
- What are the fees, and what is included?
- How many hours are included, and is there a fee if we stay longer?
- How much is the deposit, when is it due, and is it refundable?
- Do you offer payment plans?
- What type of payments do you accept (cash, check, credit card)?
- Can you host both my ceremony and my reception at this venue?
- Are there changing areas for the bridal party?
- What is the cancelation policy?
- Can we have our rehearsal dinner here, and how much does that add to the cost?
- Do you have liability insurance?
- Is the venue handicap accessible?
- How many restrooms are there?
- Is there parking on site, and how many spaces?
16. Do you have a list of preferred caterers, or do you provide in-house catering?
17. Can we bring our own alcoholic beverages?
18. Are you licensed to provide alcohol service?
19. Do you provide a bartender and bar service?
20. Do you provide waitstaff, and if so, how many are provided?
21. Do you provide a cash or open bar?
22. Is there a corkage fee?
23. Do you provide cake cutting services, and is there a fee?
24. Can we decorate?
25. Are there any restrictions on decorating?
26. Do you have candle holders, vases, etc. that we can use?
27. Can we move the tables around?
28. How many people can sit at one table?
29. Are booster seats or high chairs available?
30. Do I need to rent table linens?
31. Do you provide chairs, heaters, umbrellas, etc. for outdoor spaces?
32. Can we have confetti, rose petals, fireworks, pets, outdoor games, food trucks, (personalize this question with your own items)?
33. Do you offer on-site coordination, and what is included?
34. Can I bring in a DJ or band, and what time can they start setting up?
35. What do you have for a sound system?
36. Are there any photo/video restrictions?
37. What are the best places to take photographs?
38. Do you have a coat check?