How to Choose an Estate Venue for Your Wedding
If you are looking for a wedding venue that offers elegance, exclusivity, and history, you may want to consider an estate venue. An estate venue is a type of wedding venue that features a large and luxurious house, mansion, or castle, surrounded by expansive grounds, gardens, or vineyards. An estate venue can provide a stunning backdrop for your ceremony and reception, as well as offer privacy and intimacy for you and your guests. In this blog post, we will answer some of the most common questions about estate venues and help you decide if they are right for you.
What are the benefits of an estate venue?
An estate venue has many benefits that can make your wedding day memorable and special. Some of the benefits are:
- Historic charm: An estate venue often has a rich history and architecture that can add character and romance to your wedding. You can also incorporate elements of the estate’s style or heritage into your wedding theme or decor.
- Scenic views: An estate venue can offer breathtaking views of the natural landscape, whether it’s rolling hills, sparkling lakes, or lush vineyards. You can take advantage of these views for your photos, ceremony, or cocktail hour.
- Indoor-outdoor options: An estate venue can give you the flexibility to choose between indoor and outdoor spaces for your wedding events. You can have your ceremony in the garden, your reception in the ballroom, or vice versa. You can also have a backup plan in case of bad weather.
- Privacy and exclusivity: An estate venue can offer you the privacy and exclusivity that you may desire for your wedding. You can have the entire estate to yourself and your guests, without worrying about other events or interruptions. You can also enjoy the amenities and services of the estate, such as catering, accommodations, or entertainment.
How to find an estate venue?
Finding an estate venue may require some research and planning, but it is not impossible. Here are some tips to help you find your dream estate venue:
- Start early: Estate venues are often in high demand and may have limited availability. It is advisable to start your search at least a year in advance to secure your preferred date and location.
- Set a budget: Estate venues can vary in price depending on the size, location, season, and services offered. You should have an idea of how much you can afford to spend on your venue and catering before you start looking.
- Consider the guest list: Estate venues can also vary in capacity depending on the layout and configuration of the spaces. You should have an estimate of how many guests you are expecting to attend your wedding before you start looking.
- Do your homework: Estate venues may have different rules and regulations regarding noise, alcohol, vendors, decorations, and other aspects of your wedding. You should do some research online or contact the venue directly to find out more information before you book.
- Visit in person: Estate venues may look different in person than they do in photos or videos. You should visit the venue in person to get a feel for the space, the ambiance, and the staff. You should also ask questions and take notes during your visit.
What are some examples of estate venues?
There are many estate venues across the country that can suit different styles and preferences. Here are some examples of estate venues that we love:
- Oaks Manor: Oaks Manor is a historic mansion that dates back to 1850, located on 10 acres of land in Rochester, New York. It has a grand ballroom, a cozy library, a spacious patio, and a charming gazebo. It also has a pond, a fountain, and a cobblestone bridge that create a picturesque setting for your wedding.
- Pippin Hill Farm and Vineyard: Pippin Hill Farm and Vineyard is a rustic-chic venue that overlooks the Blue Ridge Mountains in Charlottesville, Virginia. It has a barn-style event hall, a veranda with panoramic views, and a wine cellar with custom-made barrels. It also has organic gardens, orchards, and vineyards that produce fresh ingredients for your catering.
- OHEKA Castle: OHEKA Castle is a majestic castle that was built in 1919 as a private residence for financier Otto Kahn in Huntington, New York. It has a grand staircase, a formal dining room, a library with antique books, and a terrace with European-style gardens. It also has 32 guest rooms and suites that offer luxury accommodations for your wedding party.
We hope this blog post has helped you learn more about estate venues and how to choose one for your wedding. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us. We would love to hear from you!